The Perfect Summer Base

When summer comes around I am always after a light base. Something which I can wear on a day to day basis which is quick and easy to apply but still gives a flawless finish.



I was roaming the beauty bit in my local Superdrug (which didn't take that long as its so small!) and found myself picking up the Bourjois CC Cream in Light. I remember always hearing good things about it when it first came out but never found myself picking it up and trying it out for myself. I wish I had tried this earlier as *spoiler alert* it is so good!

As with the majority of CC creams it is a very light coverage but I find it does still cover minor imperfections and what it doesn't cover can easily be fixed with some concealer. I've found it is a buildable coverage which I do like on days when a thin layer just isn't going to cut it. The colour in my opinion is a pretty good match for my skin tone which is surprising as in the past I have found that most tinted moisturisers come in limited shades and that they tend to be on the orange side, but I haven't found that with this. Once set with a good powder (my current favourite is the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder) that this does last quite a while (including working a 7 hour shift in a supermarket on one of the hottest day of the year).


I am all for one for lazy make up days where I just want to throw some make up on my face and walk out the door and I think with this product I have my base covered.

Bourjois is a brand that I have overlooked in the past but after being super impressed with their CC Cream I will be checking out their stand more often. Do you have any favourite picks that I need to try?


Are you following me on: Bloglovin' ~ Instagram ~ Twitter Pinterest


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...