Review // Soap & Glory One Heck of A Blot Primer

 If you've read my recent post on my 2015 Beauty Favourites (if you haven't you can check it out here) you will see that this product featured in those favourites. I haven't owned this for that long probably just over two months but thought as it has become such a staple in my collection that I should do a whole post dedicated to just this. The product I'm talking about of course is the Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Primer, they have also released the foundation to go with this, which I am still yet to try but if it's as good as the primer you are definitely on to a winner!


   


"Amazing. Addictive. Invisible. Well oil be damned, the secret to perfect, shine-free skin is...ONE HECK OF A BLOT Instant-Perfecting Power Primer. With PORE-SHRINK™ Technology to instantly diminish the appearance of pores and SHINE-BLOC™ 12HR Matte Spheres for all-day-shine control, our magnificent, multi-action primer helps hide imperfections, even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of redness. It also helps makes your make up last longer and, with vitamin E, leaves you good to glow"

This primer is amazing! Hands down one of the best primers I have ever used!

I was expecting this to be very similar to the Benefit Professional but it so different in so many ways. This isn't a silicone based product, well it doesn't feel like it and is like a gel formulation which just melts and blends effortlessly into the skin. You can definitely tell this is a mattifying primer, not because it's drying because it definitely isn't but because of the way it makes your skin look. Once applied my skin looks like a blur, it's amazing, no shine to be seen. I would happily wear this on its own with nothing else as it makes my skin look that good!

In terms of staying power I have noticed my foundations lasting a bit longer when using this as a base compared to other primers.Does it keep my face matte though? The answer is no, even when using a matte foundation I still find the need to powder towards the end of the day but I don't mind as it's something quite difficult for a primer and foundation to do, stay completely perfect after 8 or 9 hours. Despite not living up to it's "all-day shine control" it is still an amazing primer and the other factors I do agree with. It does even my skin tone and reduce the appearance of redness and leaves a beautiful healthy glow in the skin, making the skin look perfect without the need to apply anything else.

Would I buy this again? 100% yes, I use this literally everyday and have done for about two months and I am nowhere near finishing it and will continually use it daily for the foreseeable future.

Like all other Soap & Glory products this little wonder primer is available from Boots for £10.00/30ml. 

Have you tried this primer? What were your thoughts on it?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...