She Said Beauty | Skincare September

I recently decided to do a monthly subscription to a beauty box, of course the decision was then what one?
In the UK there is a wide range to choose from such as Glossybox, Joliebox etc. But after reading a lot of reviews and did some research I chose to go with She Said Beauty.

If you don't know already She Said Beauty is a beauty box subscription where you get 5 samples of different products usually luxury products or expensive products usually based on a theme. She Said Beauty costs £9.00 a month plus p+p.


Skincare September



This months She Said Beauty's theme was skincare, which really appealed to me as I have kind of drifted away from a strict skincare routine...bad I know.

L-R: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Collection 2000 Primed and Ready Smoothing Make-Up Primer and Collection 2000 Fix Me Up Long Lasting Make-Up Fixer

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil | 30ml Sample | Full Size 30ml £3.50
I have been using this a lot since I got it, at first I didn't think it would work but it does. Of course you do have to get over the idea of rubbing oil over your face but once it's washed off you are left with a baby smooth face. It felt cleaner and also didn't break me out which is also a plus. I have combination skin so it helped my dry patches but I have found that I also get oily patches in the day...whether this a cause of this I don't quite know...will keep you updated!

Collection 2000 Primed & Ready Smoothing Make-Up Primer | Full Size £5.99
At first when I saw this in my box I wasn't overally impressed as I could go out to Boots/Superdrug and pick this up for myself whenever I want. The only other primer I've used is Benefit Porefessional and this was interesting to use as it's silicone based - I don't like it that much. The packaging also doesn't do it for me, it looks cheap and the font just makes me think tacky and something a young child would use. I don't think is worth £5.99, so overall I'm not impressed.

Collection 2000 Fix Me Up Long Lasting Make-Up Fixer | Full Size £5.99
Another product from Collection, not really something that's impressed me again. I wanted to start subscribing to beauty boxes to branch out with new products that weren't neccessarily easily available to me or unknown brands. I really liked the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, but this does nothing for me, just scented water on my face, it doesn't prolong my make-up wear at all. Again not worth the money and not impressed.


L-R: Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask, Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel
Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask | Full Size £1.50
I haven't yet used this yet as I am saving it for an evening after school where I don't have much work and can have a mini pamper session, I will do a full review once I have used it though. I was happy to see this in my box as I have never used an Amie product but have always wanted to as I have always heard great things about them. Excited to use this.

Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel | 10g Sample Size | 60ml Full Size £22.00
Once again I haven't started using this as I have other exfoliants I need to get through, but this seems a bit of a luxury product to me simply because of the price. I think this might be a reason why I am holidng off using it because if I really like it I don't want to fork out £22 for an exfoliant. I have a lot of blackheads and this is meant to remove them so maybe I should just get on and use it.


PopChips Original Potato Chips


Popchips Original Potato Chips | 11g Sample | 23g Full Size £0.79
This was this months treat, and I couldn't wait to get in and eat them, I was glad I got the Original flavour rather then the others. Really nice, really want to go out and buy a stash now!

Well, that was my first beauty box, I am still getting in the hang of what to write of the beauty box, whether to write about it as first thoughts, or after I have used the products and do mini reviews? Any ideas would be most appreciated! But I'm thinking of doing first thoughts as it takes me ages to get through products!

Do you get a Beauty Box? If so, which one?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...