Summer: Skincare

Hi, longtime no blog I know, it's just that exam season has taken over once again but I only have five exams left, so expect a lot more posts from especially as I go on study leave at the end of the week. eek!

The weather in England this past week has been just beautiful and I have even gotten my shorts out!The weather has put me in a really Summer mood, if ya know what I mean. So, seeing as Summer seems to be upon us I thought I would do a Summer Series of blog posts sharing my summer routines and also handing out some good tips out along the way.

Today I am going to start off my Summer Series with my Summer Skincare products and routine. Now this routine is really basic and uses hardly anything on my skin, which makes it the perfect light and hydrating routine for summer.



Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, Olay Essentials Refreshing Face Wash,
Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash and Mask, Vaseline Lip Therapy - Original, Nivea Creme 
These are all the products I use both day and night, not many at all and they are all drugstore brands, which seems a bonus. 

  • In the morning I use my Olay refreshing face wash, afterwards my skin feels really awake and smooth.
  • Then as soon as I can after I wash my face apply my Simple Moisturiser. I do this asap as my skin absorbs it a lot quicker and benefits from it more. Plus if I do this I can apply quite a lot to cover dry areas without having to worry about looking oily.
  • Now with my moisturiser when applying it on my face I always rub a little bit on my lips, I wouldn't recommend to do this with all moisturisers though. This just adds a bit more moisture to my lips which can never really hurt.
  • I also apply a bit of the Nivea Creme to my lips as it's a thick whitte cream but looks a bit scary when first applied to the lips but once I go to apply my make up it has sinked in.
  • Throughout the day I apply my Vaseline to keep my lips smooth all day.
  • At night I do pretty much exactly the same routine
  • On some days though, when I have a shower (as I have them in the evening normally) I use the Neutrogena 2-in-1 as a mask whilst conditioning my hair and as it isn't a mask that sets rock hard it really works.
So this is my Summer routine, really basic for those mornings and nights where it is just too hot to handle to spend ages on your skin. Also my skin has been thankful to me from using this routine as I have had hardly any spots too. This routine keeps your skin soft, protected and hydrated which is exactly what you need for the hotter weather.



Products Mentioned and Availabilty
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser £3.79/here
Olay Essentials Refreshing Face Wash £3.65/here
Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash and Mask £3.50/here
Vaseline Lip Therapy - Original £1.80/here
Nivea Creme £1.15/here

Have you all been enjoying the Sun?

My skin is combination, but leaning towards the more oily side in the summer, as would anyones.This routine works for me but it may not work for you. If you have dry skin instead of the Olay Refreshing Facial Wash I would recommend using the Simple Moisturising Facial Wash..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...